Aligned Impact Muscatine County (AIM) Summary
Aligned Impact Muscatine County is a collaborative group of community agencies, educational institutions, municipalities, business leaders, and nonprofit organizations working toward building a bright future for Muscatine County. AIM aligns community resources and identifies effective practices for implementation to reduce achievement gaps and improve outcomes for all students and families to ensure that:
- Every child enters Kindergarten ready to learn.
- Every child succeeds academically through support in and out of school.
- Every student graduates from high school prepared for post-secondary education or career training.
- Every adult has completed the education and training to obtain a career that can sustain a family.
The Data Manager is responsible for leading the collection, management, analysis and communication of key outcomes and indicators along the cradle to career pipeline. This is a grant funded position.
Essential Job Functions
- Synthesize relevant education and community data into clear messaging, outlining progress, and remaining challenges
- Maintain the web-based community dashboard
- Convene and facilitate meetings that guide key decisions, present data that measures how issues of equity impact the lives of children, youth, and their families
- Oversee the community’s shared data system and work with community partners to collect data and analyze results
- Identify and prepare data including charts, graphs and narratives for work teams, for the Leadership Council, strategy teams, and the public
- Lead the cross-sector county-wide Data Team to develop and review cradle to career outcomes and indicators
- Work with the Director to complete the annual civic infrastructure assessment
- Establish new data gathering and analysis techniques within the partnership
- Meet regularly with the Director to set timelines, milestones and checkpoints that ensure timely implementation of activities and achievement of outcomes (e.g. goal setting, interim measurement, analysis and reporting).
- Participate in professional development opportunities to connect with national network data professionals and identify best practices
- Responsibility for data privacy, security, transparency, and equitable use
- Perform other duties as needed as specified by the Director
Education and Experience
- BA and at three (3) years of experience providing data analysis and management services experience preferred, or a comparable combination of education and work experience
- Experience with data visualization software (Tableau, Google Data Studios, ect)
- Experience conducting and presenting data analysis
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving – Ability to think strategically, break down complicated problems, and support others in using data it to guide decision making and problem solving.
- Focus on Equity – Committed to advancing personal and organizational understanding of identity, disparity and equity and ability to act in strategic ways to address those issues. Comfortable reflecting on and engaging others in difficult conversations and strategic actions to address inequities along lines of race, ethnicity, and income, among others.
- Research and Data Analysis: ability to facilitate others in articulating research questions, guide processes and methods for conducting analyses, and synthesize findings. Skilled in data analysis, visualization, and distilling takeaways.
- Communication – Ability to summarize complex data in a digestible format, both in written and verbal feedback.
- Facilitation – Knowledge of and demonstrated success in facilitating multidisciplinary or multi‐organizational teams.
- Planning & Organizing – Project management and organizational skills, ability to create processes and systems, manage a large volume of details and work independently.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Ability to develop and cultivate relationships with a variety of audiences and stakeholders.
- Shared Values: ability to support the mission, vision and values of the organization and abide by applicable standards of conduct, policies, and procedures. Must be honest.
- Learner: self-starter who enjoys solving complex problems, learning new datasets, and learning new data tools.
- AIM is housed at the United Way of Muscatine office. A hybrid remote work schedule is available.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature, and the like.
- Extended viewing of computer monitor.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range is $40,000-$50,000 depending on qualifications
- Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, retirement, and paid time off
To apply email cover letter and resume to Kim Warren, Director of Aligned Impact Muscatine County, email@example.com with Data Manager Application in the subject line.
AIM is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). This position will remain posted until filled.